NCangler.com - Fly Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Fly Fishing

1. Rattlesnake Part II (tR)

Awarded by , 07-16-2015 at 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    I hit this creek on a couple different occasions some time ago, but wanted to go further. Mission accomplished. I made a trek of approximately 2-2.5 miles each way this time around. During one of the past outings here, I came pretty close to getting too personal with a timber rattler (around 8ft between me and the snake). I really can't help but think about that incident every time I'm even remotely
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  2. One Hit Wonder (tR)

Awarded by , 07-02-2015 at 11:23 AM
    I hit the road this morning to check this river out for the first time. I was forced to get a considerably late start due to getting the child ready for baby school while the mother got primped for her workday.
    Good looking river. Always a little confusing when you don't know where you're going.

I don't know what the deal was, kept losing fish. Lost several while nymphing and
    Categories
  3. First time Valle Crucis 5/1-15

Awarded by , 05-03-2015 at 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoxphoto View Post
    Man is all of this private vs public water confusing to and outsider.

I camped out Thursday night at Grandfather Campground. It was a great place to stay the night but I froze my rear off in a tent.

Spent the morning driving around to different places trying to find access. Out to Valle Crucis Park, then decided I wanted to try elsewhere first. Drove up and down Old Shulls
    Categories
  4. Last Minute Getaway to the Mountains

Awarded by , 04-14-2015 at 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by surferdude814 View Post
    My wife and I decided on a last minute trip to Maggie Valley on Thursday, despite what the weatherman was calling for. Glad we didn't listen cause it rained for half the morning on Friday and was beautiful the rest of the time. We only stayed from Thursday til Saturday so it was more of a relaxation trip than our usual 6 days of non-stop.

My wife was perfectly content reading a book by
    Categories
  5. Reddies River Trout Report (Jan. 25 2015)

Awarded by , 01-25-2015 at 07:38 PM
    I hit the Reddies today for the first time. I haven't heard much about it overall and certainly not recently.

Got in the waters later than desired which ended up being around lunch time. We fished until about 4 then started our journey back to the truck.

Lost a few flies due to snagging a million times but it's all good. Fishing is fishing. Started to add some tippet
    Categories
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast