NCangler.com - Fly Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Fly Fishing

1. Heartbreaking Ararat River Trout Report Part II (Jan. 18 2015)

Awarded by , 01-18-2015 at 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    Got in the water a few minutes after daylight this morning to fish a portion of the river that I hadn't tried yet. I'm glad I did.

With all the talk of nymphing and different ways to do it lately I started the day with a black hares ear. Fished it for a while with no luck then switched to a slumpbuster then eventually to a woolly bugger (conehead for both). Nailed fish after fish on
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  2. Last Trip of 2014

Awarded by , 12-28-2014 at 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpossumtail View Post

Familiar river. New but unappealing water.

Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  3. Trout Hunting 11/19/14

Awarded by , 11-20-2014 at 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    Had a few chores to complete before hitting the water today so I ended up starting around 2. Ice on the river means cold. Fish were biting. Lost two small trout right off the bat. They came unglued when they come time the top. Oh well. Landed 3 in the couple hours I fished. 2 bows and a brookie.

Fish were feeding on top some. They kept hitting my indicator. I tied on a dry and got some
    Categories
  4. Bulls on Parade

Awarded by , 10-18-2014 at 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
    I made yet another run to South Carolina's beautiful Low Country in looking to scratch that redfish itch. Early returns were disappointing, as I only managed to eke out a few slot fish and a bunch of rats through the expedient of slinging bait and jigs while wade fishing. Wednesday morning we hoped to get out and sight fish some low tide flats. No dice. Lightning and heavy chop kept us back at the house, grumbling and dissatisfied.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  5. Autumn Splendor

Awarded by , 10-15-2014 at 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpossumtail View Post
    Hiked down endless skinny water to get to the good stuff.

Categories
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast