NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fishing the Spring Striper Run at Weldon

Awarded by , 01-31-2007 at 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTSPOT
    Hi folks. I would like to share some of my Weldon experiences with y'all in hopes it will help you have a more enjoyable trip.

My first Weldon trip was an awesome experience to say the least. My buddy Bill talked me into going. I said, "Bill, my boat is fiberglass." He said, "mine is too and I have been fishing the Roanoke for many years with only a ding on my skeg to show for it."
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fly fishing on the Nantahala river

Normally my weekly (bi-weekly in the winter) newspaper column focuses on coastal fishing. This week we take a detour to the NC mountains for some winter trout fishing.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Winter weather has set-in across the state, but fish still need to eat. Many leave for warmer waters but some stay here for the winter, fish like specks and red drum. Avid anglers pursue these fish all winter long braving the cold for the enjoyment ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why cry about rain when the fishing is great.

Awarded by , 01-29-2007 at 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
    With the weather forecast calling for rain, my charter decided to reschedule there trip for a dry day. Around eleven, the sky cleared and the wind fell out, so I told my seven year old to dress warm and we were off. Once we got outside the inlet, the ocean was flat clam. We only had a few hours to fish, so I put the hammer down and we were flying along at 55mph headed toward Corolla. Once we arrived in the area, you could see where the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Still catching Stripers

Awarded by , 01-22-2007 at 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
    Sorry for being slack with the fishing reports, but after fishing three tournaments back to back, plus making 50 mile runs everyday to catch fish, Iím worn out. I havenít fished the past several days due to the weather, but the fishing has been great if you enjoy a long boat ride. Most of the stripers have been hanging around the Virginia / NC border. The big fish are staying in that area until the water gets colder up north and makes
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Winter Fishing Activity

The past few weeks have been unusually warm. Unusual not in the fact that we reached the 70ís in January, that happens in many if not most years around these parts. Rather it is unusual in the fact we have had so many of those days strung together.

A number of fishermen including myself have taken advantage of the nice weather. In the past three weeks we have caught plenty of flounder, black sea bass and grouper on several occasions. Of course every winter these fish are available ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized