NCangler.com - Inshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Inshore Fishing

1. Cape Lookout area fishing, 5/18 & 5/19

Awarded by , 05-21-2013 at 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    Spent most of the two days chasing false albacore between the CL rock jetty and the CL shoals. Schools were moving as fast as I've ever seen them -- they'd pop up for just a few seconds, then they'd be off again and re-emerge a long way off, again for just a short burst. But still a great spectacle to see the water exploding with albacore, and saw lots of fish completely airborne -- very cool sight. Occasionally
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. Wrightsville Beach Area 5/19

Awarded by , 05-20-2013 at 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by madcircle View Post
    A good friend of mine just graduated OCS and before he gets stationed in California he came back to Wilmington once last time. We had a more than fun filled weekend but when Sunday morning came around it was all about putting him on some drum. So we met my fishing buddy, we call him capt. butch, at the boat ramp at 7am and hit a few spots. We probably caught about 30 drum all in the 17-20" range and
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. A sea of albacore...

Awarded by , 05-16-2013 at 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    Yesterday my friend and I had the chance to head down to the coast to fish with my other friend. We went out lookin to jig up some flounder but were unsuccessful other than a couple chunky sea bass, a good sign for the opening of the season in june. On the way back we saw birds... lots and lots of birds and no boats. We pulled up in to em unsure what they were, and two of us hooked up drags a screamin. Finally saw
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	albacore 003.jpg‎ 
Views:	1218 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	51727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	albacore 001.jpg‎ 
Views:	138 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	51728  
  4. Flounder Gigging in the wind, 5/12/13

Awarded by , 05-14-2013 at 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Last night at dark it was completely calm. Met my guy at the ramp around 10 and it started blowing 10-15 gusting to 20. Since we were there and the trip was planned we gave it a run anyway. Got our limit in about 41/2 hours. The conditions were horrible.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. May Action on the Neuse

Awarded by , 05-10-2013 at 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamlico Tackle View Post
    I got to say the fishing is on! Trout, Drum, Flounder and Rock are all being found in creeks and river shore. The problem recent has been the wind and too high of water. For those getting out, it has been worth the venture. Shoreline catches are improving drastically as fish are staged to hit the river shore and sound.

One of the local guys that, wishes to be anonymous, has been on several pods of
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gary trout doa.jpg‎ 
Views:	117 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	51520