NCangler.com - Inshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Inshore Fishing

1. 5/1/13 Pics from the past few days and report Pic heavy

Awarded by , 05-02-2013 at 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Some days have been stellar, some have been slow. Some days have been weird. One day we will have 20+ keeper trout and 20+ reds. The next day 12 fish total. Been a roller coaster over the past 4-5 days. One day the finger mullets and roe mullets were hitting topwater, strange.

The trout are hitting MR 17's and Topwaters. The reds
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. My First Red Drum

Awarded by , 04-28-2013 at 08:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Kev2380 View Post
    MrBearHunt(Troy) and I went out and chased reds yesterday. I had never caught one before and he warned me that the fishing is hit or miss. We came to an area that he said was good to him a month ago. After a few casts I had my first Red Drum.

Troy let me cast a few more times and I got another fish with in minutes. Then another fish, then another eventually he couldn't stand it any
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7341_zps92412d0b.jpg‎ 
Views:	117 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	51042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7350_zpsfb4ba84f.jpg‎ 
Views:	115 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	51043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7358_zps7d5d2951.jpg‎ 
Views:	118 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	51044  
  3. Red and Trout Fishing with the Wife on Saturday

Awarded by , 04-03-2013 at 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by georgep View Post
    Took the wife out for a few hours on saturday to enjoy watching her put some nice drum in the boat on light tackle, wound up catching about 20+, most were in the 16 to 17" range, did have a couple that went out to 18 1/2". Also picked up a couple nice trout in the mix, but most of all it was a great day just being on the water with my sweetie. We watched a flock of turkeys of about a dozen or so that had
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  4. 3/26/13 Redfish and flounder

Awarded by , 03-27-2013 at 06:41 AM

Hit the water hard today with a trip. It was windy and cold. We started off sightcasting to reds, but they were a little sluggish, and it was tough in all the wind. We saw tons of reds today push and scatter. Wound up catching 14-15 reds total for the day. The one in the pic is 26 3/4, the biggest red of the day. We also caught a couple flounder. All of our fish come on various Texas Tackle Factory baits with Procure.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. Cold Windy Day 3/13/13

Awarded by , 03-15-2013 at 09:22 PM

It was cold and super windy on the water yesterday. We got on 3 different schools of redfish, but none of them really wanted to eat. We spent the morning sightcasting to mid to overslot fish in gin clear water. They would make a motion towards a bait, and then "naw I'm not hungry." lol It is still awesome when you get to watch them like that no matter if they are chewing or not. Trout fished after lunch.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing