NCangler.com - Kayak Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Kayak Fishing

1. MHC/Beaufort Red Drum (11/16/2013)

Awarded by , 11-19-2013 at 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    Got down to the coast this past weekend. Kayak fished near the Haystacks area on Saturday, fished with a friend out of Bogue Inlet on Sunday. Second day was more social -- exploring the area from a new boat w/no sonar. Found lots of porpoises and bait out of BI, but no fish.

Got yak on the water just after dawn on Saturday. Fog was thick, so I heard the splash of the first topwater bite on a Top
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. God's Country Is Cape Carteret

Awarded by , 11-13-2013 at 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    Just refelcting on how beautiful it is here and how lucky I am to be here. Sunday I went out with Wookie Dave? and caught a few blues in the blitz but didnt see the clouds of reds outside bear inlet so we came back inside to hunt around only to catch a few small trout flounder etc.

Yesterday (Monday) I vowed revenge before the cold weather sets in and looks like I just made it
    I
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. Hankerin' for some Crappie!

Awarded by , 11-11-2013 at 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    My son and I got out on a local flow today in search of dinner. I was a little concerned it would be too chilly for him, but the weather was absolutely awesome. In fact, he had to lose the sweatshirt around noon. Water temp was 53 to start and 57 when we left.

Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. A Good Day in the Piedmont capped by a 6 lb River Pig

Awarded by , 11-06-2013 at 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yakdevil View Post
    My friend Jerry and I got out on a local river on Saturday to see if we could get a few bites. I hadn't fished this stretch of river in about 3 years, so I was anxious to see how it would produce. I caught a couple early on a chatterbait and Jerry caught a couple on a black, ribbontail worm and a spinnerbait. Then we started flipping wood cover and catching some solid fish. He lost a solid 4-5 lber flipping a
    Categories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1952_small.jpg‎ 
Views:	102 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	56818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1957_small.jpg‎ 
Views:	894 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	56819  
  5. New Personal Best Fish!

Awarded by , 10-27-2013 at 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    Went to the New River today and met up with Masterblaster up in Fries, VA. There was ice along the edge of the New and it was cold but we hit the river anyway. Within the first 45 minutes I had a good hit on a Chatterbait and the drag started to sing. Whatever it was, was towing me where ever it wanted to take me, I finally got a close glimpse of what it was and I could see it was a muskie a decent
    Categories