NCangler.com - Kayak Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Kayak Fishing

1. 2/11/12 Harris human sailboating trip

Awarded by , 02-14-2012 at 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by senkomaster View Post
    Launched at crosspoint at 10:30... met up with fistmouth and trolled up the arm across from the boat ramp. finally got my norman stuck in a fatty slab and a decent bass in the back end in about 25ft. The trip back to the boatramp took forever as the wind and wave were always against us. At one point the wind was blowing so hard the paddle almost came out of my hands. Kayak fishing, the new extreme sport!
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. 2/11/12 Quick trip to Harris

Awarded by , 02-12-2012 at 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fishjunky View Post
    I made a short trip this morning ahead of the gale force front coming through. I found the fish, but they were not nearly as active as last week. Landed one, had two come off right by the boat, and missed probably 6 or 7 bites. On a positive note, my new camera mount works nicely (no laughing at my homemade safety light in the background).
    Categories
  3. Badin Lake (KayaK)

Awarded by , 02-06-2012 at 09:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by GRHawk View Post
    Hit Badin this morning around 7AM. Damp and chilly at first, followed by damp, chilly, breezy, and choppy. Water temps in the upper 40's. Started by trolling a DD crankbait and caught a couple of (what I believe to be) white perch. Also caught a bream. The winds started and I paddled all the way across the channel to get a little wind protection, trolling all the way. Picked up another white perch (no pics -
    Categories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001 Badin LM Bass 001.jpg‎ 
Views:	1212 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	36908  
  4. 02-04-12 Lake Norman w/StewRat

Awarded by , 02-05-2012 at 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoBo View Post
    Fished Norman today with Stu and Younblood (Chris). The rain (and a headache) ran Chris off early, but Stu and I pressed on despite the nasty weather. I was catching quality catfish off the bottom in everywhere from 40' to 60' of water, but soon got tired of them "sliming" me, my line, and my boat. We changed locations a little before lunchtime and quickly started picking up spots, mostly dinks, over 50'
    Categories
  5. More Harris Hawgs, 1/23

Awarded by , 01-24-2012 at 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 69boo307 View Post
    Took a vacation day today, and as they say a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. I wonder what that makes a good day fishing?
    My original plan was to go to the coast and do some inshore fishing from the yak, and get my year pass for Ft. Fisher. Due to the weather though I decided to stay local, and hit Harris. It was in the 40's and cloudy/drizzly, and I was
    Tags: bass, harris lake
    Categories