NCangler.com - Kayak Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Kayak Fishing

1. Kerr Scott Jitterbug Surprise

Awarded by , 06-30-2011 at 12:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    I normally hit Kerr Scott mid week on Mondays and Wednesday evenings after work. As the water gets warmer I like to get into a shallow end of the reservoir that is fed by a feeder creek. The water in this area can be as shallow as just a few inches to and as deep as 3 feet but not much deeper, but the creek water being somewhat cooler has a tendency to draw fish to the area. Bass boats and other boaters
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. Crazy Adventure on the River...

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinderphd View Post
    Last weekend Mary May and I headed south to hit the river. I haven't been fishing much lately, so I was eager to get out. We got there and found a lot of people - many of whom were camping. After paddling beyond them all we caught about 6-7 bass on buzzbaits and spinnerbaits. The biggest went about 4.5 lbs. Then we decided to pull off and fish for cats. Mary May landed
    Categories
  3. 5/19 Shearon Harris Slam!

Awarded by , 05-20-2011 at 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brannons64 View Post
    Ferrgiej and myself went to Harris today. Josh set the pace early with his second cast landing a 4 pound 12 ounce bass that would be the biggest of the day, bass that is. I quickly followed up by hooking a 17 inch catfish on a spinnerbait.

Fished a little while longer and I got a slam, knew it was a good fish....it was a 28 inch bowfin! Not long after that I got a 17 inch bass, whew
    Categories
  4. Lake Wylie 5-15-11

Awarded by , 05-16-2011 at 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stukayakfish View Post
    Geez-after reading about Joey and Bob`s day I don`t even want to put this up anymore! But....

Myself, Chris and Bo launched from Bobbys At Hwy 27 this morning and went south. Nice and overcast most of the time and we were catching some smaller fish on the drops with worms. Weightless and shakeyhead. Green pumpkin shakeyhead was working for me but Chris was catching them on grape.

Bo
    Categories
  5. Harris in the yaks 5/14/11 (pic heavy)

Awarded by , 05-15-2011 at 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestew View Post
    This morning Skooteri, Toba, my step dad and I met at Shearon Harris and launched our yaks around 5:30. We were all thinking it would be a good day with the overcast skies. I started off the morning throwing a spro popper frog and landed two nice ones pretty quickly that went 19.25" and 19.50".

Categories