NCangler.com - Kayak Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Kayak Fishing

1. Cape Fear Area Kayak'n 4/23

Awarded by , 04-27-2011 at 11:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Got to the fort about first light with a light windy and 100% cloudy cover. Started unloading and saw Ashley(aka Druminator) and we decided to team up and find some fish. We headed to a spot I was hoping the reds would be at with the tide. Worked the area for a while and got a hook up on a swim bait. A nice start for the day a 23 1/2" red Ashley took a pic of this one so he can post it or I will later. He
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing
  2. W Kerr Scott Reservoir 4/23

Awarded by , 04-25-2011 at 04:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    Hit W Kerr Scott this morning but not my usual spot, went to the marina and started working the rip rap along the shore line. I was using a Yum shad on a white jighead and on my forth cast something just nailed it. At first I thought it was just a good solid LMB but this was a LMB on steroids (so I thought), it jumped, then jumped again then jumped again, this was one angry bass went under
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. An Awesome Mixed Bag on the Local Lake - 4/18

Awarded by , 04-20-2011 at 12:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinderphd View Post
    I had the itch! Everyone was giving reports of females starting to move shallow and fish biting like crazy. I knew I could only read so many reports on internet message boards before cabin fever would set in. Mary May was equally stir-crazy since she has been studying like a mad-woman for her nursing exams. So, Monday afternoon we decided to hit the lake and enjoy the beautiful weather.
    Categories
  4. Back to Harris with Bob in the yaks 4/14/11

Awarded by , 04-15-2011 at 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestew View Post
    I saw the weather forecast for today on Wednesday before I left work and just had to take off today. Got to Harris bright and early and started catching a few pretty quickly on a buzzbait. Once the sun got over the trees I threw mostly a weightless lizard and a bubble gum trick worm for the rest of the day. Ended up having one of my best days in quite a while. Caught around 25 or so, with 2
    Categories
  5. Harris 4/9 & 4/10

Awarded by , 04-12-2011 at 01:17 AM

Quote Originally Posted by toba View Post
    Saturday, Skooteri and I launched at about 6am. It was clear to us in the first hour that a lot of males had moved shallow and wanted to start bedding down. Plastic lizards thrown in shallow water got us a lot of action on the day. Most hadnít started making beds yet because their tails werenít bloody (only 2 bloody tails). With the full moon coming up in the next 2 weeks, itís clear that largemouth bass
    Categories