NCangler.com - Kayak Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Kayak Fishing

1. Hardcore Invitational 2010 - Back in Black!

Another rocking event on the upper end of Lake Wylie as 39 anglers launched, paddled, fished, ate and enjoyed great company at the 2nd Annual Hardcore Invitational.

Small fish were cooperative, but real contenders for the awards podium were tougher to find than expected. Wylie is several feet low and very clear, and the bright sunshine and warmer temps seemed to make skittish fish even more ...
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. New River Trip With Finstalker & DBeam 6/19 by Raymond Wells

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    I got together with Finstalker and DBeam to fish the New River. DBeam is unable to make the August New River extravaganza that H2Ohhh is organizing so I'm glad we got to do this float. He hadn't fished for smallies in over 20 years so he was ready! We put in at Kings Creek Road and did a float down to the Rt 93 bridge where is intersects with Rt 58. It was about a 9 mile trip. The actual public ramp didn't
    Tags: new river
    Categories
  3. Harris 6/5/2010 By HookedThumb

Quote Originally Posted by HookedThumb View Post
    Went out with BugSlinger, planning to hit the weeds with topwater baits. I tried a spook, buzzbait, and several flies with the fly rod to no avail from about 6-8AM. BugSlinger was having some success with frogs and let me borrow one.

Rrribit

It then became clear it was getting to be too late to stay in the weeds, so
    Categories
  4. 2010 Get:Outdoors Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament (condensed)

The big winner: Heroes on the Water.

Kaleb Dutil (left), HOW Cape Fear Chapter Coordinator and Jim Dolan (right), National HOW Director from Dallas, TX with the 1st prize Wilderness Commander Kayak, won by Jim with a 19+inch Largemouth from Randleman Lake. Jim donated the kayak to HOW Cape Fear Chapter for use in taking wounded warriors from Camp Lejeune and Fort Bragg kayak fishing.
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing
  5. 2010 Get:Outdoors Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament

The big winner: Heroes on the Water

Kaleb Dutil (left), HOW Cape Fear Chapter Coordinator and Jim Dolan (right), National HOW Director from Dallas, TX with the 1st prize Wilderness Commander Kayak, won by Jim with a 19+inch Largemouth from Randleman Lake. Jim donated the kayak to HOW Cape Fear Chapter for use in taking wounded warriors from Camp Lejeune and Fort Bragg kayak fishing.
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing