NCangler.com - Kayak Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Kayak Fishing

1. 2009 Hardcore Kayak Fishing tournament - Lake Wylie

What do you get when you mix 30 kayak anglers, a starter battery, an amplifier, an electric guitar and musician Trip Rogers? A National Anthem launch to remember!

The 1st Annual Hardcore Kayak Fishing Team Tournament rocked from start to finish on Saturday, October 3 in the upper stretches of Lake Wylie, just below the Mt. Island Lake dam. Plenty of water was covered and plenty ...
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing
  2. Kayak Cranking at Cane Creek

I have a pretty good deal going at Cane Creek reservoir near Carrboro, NC. GanzAndere (Joel) fishes throughout the season, finds and patterns the fish, then I show up one Saturday in August and let him guide me to his spots and share his secrets. Shallow crankbaits have been working this year as this 5lber confirmed. It wasn't a historic day by Cane Creek standards, but a fine day of catching. ...
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing
  3. My fish are back! Kayak schooling on Falls Lake

I paddled out of Upper Barton Creek this morning on a lazy, late launching trip with a short window of time before I had to get back for work. The primary purpose was to check out some re-work I had done on the fishfinder, which had started acting up this season. Glad to report that the re-seated transducer is working perfectly - no imaginary underwater forests, no problems finding the bottom, no problems ...
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. The Running of the Whites!

I made a quick stop at Penny's Bend on the Eno River in Durham this afternoon (April 15, 2009) looking for some White Bass. I managed to find a few and enjoy an hour or so down there...
    [See Page 2 for the story]
    [***Update: See Page 3 for the Rest of the story***]

The parking ...
    Categories
  5. 2009 GetOutdoors Kayak Fishing Tournament report

NCangler sponsor GetOutdoors put on their 2nd annual kayak fishing tournament this weekend in Greensboro. We hoped for cooler weather and more fish than last year. We got both in abundance. Temps in the high-30s and a constant rain made for a challenging day, but many fish were measured and the competition for prizes was fierce. [see page 2 for details]

We had choice of 7 lakes - Higgins, ...
    Categories