NCangler.com - Most Popular - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. New River Trip 7/30

Awarded by , 07-30-2011 at 11:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    With temperatures unbearably hot in the flat-lands of NC, Echerd, Catawba, un4givablelol (Echerds Son), Andrew, his son Drew and myself decided to make our way up to the Blue Ridge Mountains for a little New River fishing. This was a section of the New River that I hadn't floated before going from the put in that is located across from the New River campground on the VA side floating down
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing
  2. Double Barrel fishing report SEP 3rd out of MHC

Quote Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
    I was delighted to have Rod, Rob, Cathy and Misty with me today as we headed out for some deep water trolling action. Smooth sailing on the way out - for those going out watch for the hurricane trash line about 2 miles shy of the 14 buoy. I saw two large pillars floating that would probably do some serious damage if hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

We started trolling around the 90'
    Tags: big rock, mahi, wahoo
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  3. Kerr Lake 11/2- Bad Start, Great Finish!

Awarded by , 11-03-2011 at 08:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Pinofish View Post
    So I went out to Kerr Lake today with my buddy Wes.

Got an early start to the morning, around 4 am and was all set to head to Wes' house. I was finishing up loading my rods into the back of my car when.... the trunk door came slamming down on my 4 nice rods. Apparently the apparatus that keeps the door raised failed at that particular moment (maybe cause it was cold?).... not while I was loading the
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  4. Last Vacation Day Today.....What To Do.....W Kerr Scott Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    Today was my last vacation day, where I work its "use them or loose them" so I took off the last few days extending the Thanksgiving weekend. I decided to hit Kerr Scott Reservoir but went to the Ranger Station put in rather than my normal one at Boomer Park. It was extremely windy and there was quite a "chop" on the water but I decided to give it a try anyway.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. Falls Lake Wall Hanger Crappie

Awarded by , 12-07-2011 at 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterwannabe View Post
    I took my wife fishing on Falls Lake Monday 12/5. We got on the water about 10 a.m. and it was a little chilly. Air temp was around 58' and the water temp was 56'. We launched out of Upper Barton's boat ramp and headed toward the dam. I decided I wanted to try some trolling, courtesy of advice and tips from fellow ncangler member, shemstreet.

The first few spots I checked, didn't have any bait or fish
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	099.jpg‎ 
Views:	494 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	34129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121.jpg‎ 
Views:	1725 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	34130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	124.jpg‎ 
Views:	512 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	34131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130.jpg‎ 
Views:	488 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	34132  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast