NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 'Nother good day on Hyco!

Awarded by , 03-24-2012 at 12:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by papadave View Post
    The fish have been fired up on Hyco the past week. Went out today solo and managed 70 in 4 hrs.
    Got to the point that I had to move off the fish to catch a break!
    Tightlined with 4 rods, 2 with 2 jigs and the other 2 with a jig on top and a crank on the bottom.
    Bait of the day was acid rain Hot Grubs. Caught a couple 11"ers on 2" crawfish colored
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Two good days at W Kerr Scott

Awarded by , 03-21-2012 at 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man View Post
    A friend and I went to W kerr Scott thursday of last week (3/15). Fished from sunrise till about 5. I caught 15 LMB and he caught 1 LMB (he is new to fishing). We got stormed on but had a great time. Most were caught in the morning and just before and after the storm. Caught about 3 two pounders.

Another friend of mine and I went again on saturday (3/17).
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  3. South Mountains / Jacobs Fork fishing report - March 15-16

Awarded by , 03-19-2012 at 01:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachAV8R View Post
    My Dad (06aces) and I headed up to South Mountain State Park a few days ago to wet some lines. The park stocked the Jacob Fork with 800 pounds of fish in early March and the evidence is certainly there! We caught the stream at a slow flow with crystal clear pools and a ton of fish in each.

I started with an egg (Y2K type) but the fish were more interested in things that looked like the little flying ants that were buzzing around the
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  4. Fine day on Hyco 3/16/02

Awarded by , 03-17-2012 at 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by papadave View Post
    Snowcamp & I hit Hyco this morning at a leisure pace. Got the first baits in the water ~10 and started picking up fish before we got 3 rods going. By the time we had all 8 in play there were 10 fish in the box.
    We started fishing off a point in 12-15 fow. Fish were ~ 7'. We were pulling/pushing a mixture of cranks & curlytails. Picked up 4-5 decent white bass
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. 3/14/12 Redfish/Trout/Flounders

Awarded by , 03-15-2012 at 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Another good day today. Various Gulps! and bucktails. 12 or more reds landed, lots of trout, and a few flounder. Only one good flounder though at 17 1/2". All fish were in 12" or so. Biggest red was 25 1/2".

Categories
    Inshore Fishing