NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. April 1 Crappie

Awarded by , 04-02-2007 at 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTSPOT
    I was back on the water Sunday with Chad Hartley and his two boys Tyler and Casey. The Hartleys are from Welcome and are avid fishermen. Chad wanted to put the boys on some crappie and we had a beautiful morning to hunt for them.

We left the ramp and headed to the same location Randy and I fished Saturday afternoon. It was overcast and warm with a slight breeze, perfect crappie weather!

The
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Jordan Lake-March 31st

Awarded by , 04-02-2007 at 10:59 AM
    I had the absolutely pleasure to take our own Randy Durham out Saturday afternoon in search of some Jordan Lake slabs.

Randy and I have a lot in common and shared stimulating conversation for hours. I am pretty sure we solved at least some of the world's problems!

This is PRIME TIME as far as crappie fishing goes. The little front that came in late last week scattered the fish and the bite
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Jordan Lake-March 31st

Awarded by , 04-02-2007 at 10:34 AM
    Pollen on the water and Dogwoods in full bloom means it's time to wet a hook!

I set out Saturday morning in search of the old linesider with Keith and Ellen Bilger of Holly Springs. Keith and Ellen are Jordan Lake regulars that wanted to learn some tips and techniques for catching fish on Jordan.

As I do with all my clients, I rattled on for hours about my favorites places and techniques.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Crappie Fishing on Jordan Lake 3/31/07

Awarded by , 04-01-2007 at 05:45 PM

Captains Blog: Saturday March 31, 2007
    B. Everette Jordan Lake
    -----------------------------------
    Saturday was a beautiful day and I was excited to have the opportunity to do a little Crappie fishing with Jordan Lake guide Steve Stephens of Hot Spot Charters. I met Steve at the Ebenezer Boat ramp at 12:15, where he had just dropped off a morning charter, a husband and wife ...
    Categories
    NCangler Report , ‎ Freshwater Fishing
  5. Offshore Report for 3-24

Awarded by , 03-25-2007 at 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnwarrior
    Fished Friday and Saturday and both days were beautiful. Fished the Swansboro area Friday and the fishing was slow. We had an early bite and caught 2 small tuna and wahoo but then that was it. Saturday was better for us but it sounded like a slow day again. Put the lines in on the 500 line and had a small wahoo in the boat by 8am. We trolled down to 485 line and started back up the beach with no luck. At 11am on the 519 we had 5 lines start screaming and were able to boat 4 nice yellowfin
    Categories
    Uncategorized