NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Year end fishing

Awarded by , 01-01-2007 at 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
    Well I didnít plan many trips around New Years because the fishing hasnít been the best, plus I had a few tournaments to fish. Our last ASA for the year was held down here on the Outer Banks. You would think we would have the home court advantage, but the fish havenít been here in large numbers. So, we decided to make a 120 mile run up into the Chesapeake Bay. There were reports of 40lb plus fish being caught. We left Oregon Inlet at 4am
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Such Great Faith!

Awarded by , 01-01-2007 at 01:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nantahala Fly Fishing
    On Dec 27th I received a call from a lady in transit from Tampa Florida, on her way to the Smoky Mts with her family. She wanted to inquire about booking my guide service for a day of fly fishing instruction for her family... all six of them! I explained this was possible but stretching my ability because they were also interested in catching some fish. She had two college aged boys that really wanted to do some fly fishing and not just casting lessons. I again explained that there was six of
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Merry Christmas

Awarded by , 12-25-2006 at 02:10 PM
    Just a quick note to wish everyone Happy Holidays and we did catch some Stripers yesterday, the biggest 28lb. I did see a 40lber at the scales. It was caught off the catwalk at OI of all places.

Best wishes, Ray
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Same old story

Awarded by , 12-22-2006 at 04:47 PM
    I fished yesterday around the inlet and pulled out a catch. The fish were mid-20lb fish, but not the fatty's we should have this time of year. Maybe after the blow this weekend it will happen. I'm sure keeping my fingers crossed. I do have some open dates in January for Striper fishing. Drop me an email for dates. Happy Holidays to everyone. Ray
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Winter time fishing (column)

Itís officially winter time. Does that mean the fishing has stopped? Nope, not in these parts anyway. There is still plenty of fish to be caught along our coast. Granted, the bite is slower and you have to work a little harder. However for an avid angler, there are fish to be caught.

Speckled trout and red drum are here all year round as are a few flounder. The big drum head out into the deeper waters of the ocean but the juveniles stay here. They gather in schools when the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized