NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. FISHING UPDATES

Awarded by , 12-20-2006 at 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbutch
    Can you believe this!!! I listened to the weather man again today and the predicted winds of 25 to 35 knotts this evening never came and I missed another great day on the water. But, with this ocean you have to respect the weather and with the predicted forecast it wasn't worth the gamble that they would be wrong!!!

But, the Lord has given us two weeks of unheard of calm seas for this time of year. Although I have had a lot of preparations to be made for all the up coming events
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Nantahala Fishing Report

Awarded by , 12-19-2006 at 12:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nantahala Fly Fishing
    The winter solstice is not scheduled until Friday but its effects were felt on the Nantahala today. The sun never made it to the water. The word Nantahala is Cherokee for "land of the noon day sun". Today there wasn't a cloud in the sky but the sun was never seen on the DH stretch of the Nantahala. The only way you could know it existed was by looking up at the mountain top. But the trout didn't seem to mind. I had 2 anglers, new to the sport of fly fishing, but they were totally
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hog Striper

Awarded by , 12-18-2006 at 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
    My nephew Wooodie Spruill & I fished an ASA- American Striper Association tournament out of Norfolk,Va. and caught the second largest fish,45.65lbs. The 1st place was 46.25lbs. It was so close. Maybe next time.

Thanks, Capt. Ray
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Topsail Fishing report

Fishing inshore has been excellent this week. The specks are still hanging around the inlets up near the marsh grass and on colder nights moving into the nearby deep holes and channels. The water temps are in the mid 50's so you need to slow down your retrieve. I caught fish this week on Gulp! shrimp in several colors and on mirrolures - the MR808 is working best. Some of my buddies are using live shrimp under a popping cork and doing well.

Today as a buddy and I were fishing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Rod-Man Report August 23, 2006

Awarded by , 12-14-2006 at 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rick Bennett
    Hi Folks,
    The Rod-Man is out of the water until next season. We are adding a trolling motor to the boat and some other neat "customizations" I know you will enjoy. Even though I have been "out of the water", I have been keeping up with what's happening on the fishing scene.

Now here's my report:
    Inshore: The trout are biting well and many are big citation size fish. You can find them in the inlet areas, the creeks and the river. If live bait is hard
    Categories
    Uncategorized