NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Well, the Striper are almost here

Awarded by , 12-12-2006 at 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
    Just when the Striper fishing was going to take off, it goes flat. We had several banner days of fishing on the shoals and then the Stripers almost disappeared. There are a few around, but itís been hit and miss catching at best. Last weekend, I fished an ASA Striper tournament out of Virginia Beach and the Stripers were thick. Our biggest was 45.65lbs and was the second largest.
    We finished 3rd overall with a 2 fish total of 70.15 lbs being beat out of 2nd by 1/10 of a pound. Iím hoping
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Trout fishing the DH season

Awarded by , 12-06-2006 at 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nantahala Fly Fishing
    From Oct 1 to June 1, Eighteen NC trout streams revert over to DH (delayed harvest) each year. Other than our very few (4) catch-and-release streams offered by NCWRC (North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission), the DH streams offer you the best chance to experience trout fishing at its best. The majority (almost all) hatchery supported streams, only provide decent fishing about one week per month (immediately after
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. When the stars line up..........

Well the sun, moon and tide anyway.

Most of you are probably familiar with the solunar tables. They are used by both hunters and fishers to determine the best days and the best times of day to fish or hunt. These times are based on how the moon and sun line up, thus the name solunar (combination of solar and lunar). They follow patterns that are repeated each cycle of the moon but the times vary each day and month and are location dependent. We have a very nice solunar table ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. November 29-December 2

Awarded by , 12-06-2006 at 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    One thing is for certain. Stripers love current! We had so much rain the week of Thanksgiving that I had to cancel all my trips. The lake level was 9 feet above normal which is 216. Most ramps were flooded and access to the lake was limited. However, I knew relief was just around the corner. You see, the week following a big flood always produces great results because of the current generated through the lake after the gates open
  5. WINTER FISHING IN SOUTHPORT,NC

Awarded by , 12-05-2006 at 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbutch
    TUESDAY12-6-06
    We are into the winter fishing pattern now. You have to pick your days between the cold fronts now, but, the fish still bite even in the winter time. On the inside, you can still pick up a stray flounder once in a while along with some speckled trout. The inshore reefs are producing some big red drum and grey trout and you can get some black bass also in these areas. Offshore, bottom fishing is good as is king mackeral in the usual holding areas for this time of year. I'd
    Categories
    Uncategorized