NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Weekly Column - Dec 4, 2006

Introduction: Normally my weekly newspaper column is about "fishing stuff", but this week I went on a slight tangent. Hope you enjoy it anyway.

-------------------------

I have had a fascination for the origin of words since my ole “disc jockey” days when I was young. I spent six years in the Navy and now of course enjoy recreational boating. Below are some terms in our culture that have roots in nautical life. These are just a sample as there are over ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. December 2, 2006

Awarded by , 12-04-2006 at 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTSPOT
    Another great year has passed with the Tarheel Striper Club. We fished all 10 tournaments this year and had a blast with all the gang.

Ralph and I finished in 4th Place in the Angler of the Year points chase. There is no one else I would want to share this trophy with.

I have been deeply involved with the Tarheel Striper Club since 2003. They are a great group of anglers. The last two years,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rod-Man report as of November 29, 2006

Awarded by , 12-02-2006 at 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rick Bennett
    Rod-Man Report
    November 29, 2006

Hi Folks,
    I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend. I sure did. Fishing is very good right now. Specks are biting just about everywhere on just about any tide. You can catch them on live bait (shrimp) or artificials like GULP SW. The reds have somewhat moved to the ocean and are patrolling the beaches. We did catch a flounder this week, but
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Outer Banks Rockfish

Awarded by , 12-02-2006 at 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ray
    The Stripers finally made a good showing this week with most boats catching there limit on the shoals casting eels. This type of fishing is not for everyone. Its like white water rafting and fishing at the same time. You have large swells hitting a shallow bar which make for some breaking waves that can flip a 25ft boat with no problem. Every year, several boats get flipped trying to get the big ones that are in the middle of the shoal. If you don't like swimming in 50 degree water, stay away and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The right Gear Bag can make the difference

Awarded by , 12-01-2006 at 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nantahala Fly Fishing
    The right Gear Bag can make all the difference
    Know Before You Go - Tips for a Successful Experience

When life offers a last minute chance to hit an area stream, modern fly fishing gear bags offer the convenience of having all of your gear in one place... ready to go. We often have gear scattered around the house which means having to gather it all up before each trip. Waders in the garage, fly boxes in the tying desk, vest wading jacket and hat in the closet, rod tubes
    Categories
    Uncategorized