NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Jordan Lake-November 11th

Awarded by , 11-13-2006 at 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTSPOT
    A very special thanks to all the Veterans out there.

Saturday was a beautiful day on the water. I had Brian and Michele from Camden aboard along with my brother James.

We striper trolled until noon, then headed up to Farrington in search of a crappie bite. We arrived at the Farrington bridge and saw a "fleet" of boats with little to action going on. We gave it a try, but
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Jordan Lake-November 5th

Awarded by , 11-13-2006 at 10:23 AM
    I took an old friend out today. Larry and I worked together many moons ago. He wanted to learn some spots and my technique for fall crappie.

We pulled up to our spot and I put 12 rods out. Minutes later, 9 rods went down and it was on. We cut back to 4 rods and it was all we could do to keep those 4 rods in the water.

We caught 110 plus fish in 4 hours. Larry kept 20 that were all over 12
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Jordan Lake-November 4th

Awarded by , 11-13-2006 at 10:18 AM

Had a great day today. Tom, his son Keith, his grandson Cody, and friend Tim were eager to catch some fish. These guys were a hoot and the laughter was non stop.

It was Tom's birthday and he was rewarded with a double hook up and Cody's rod went off at the same time. Granddad and grandson did an awesome job getting all three fish to the net for a quick picture and release.

Tom said
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rod-Man Special Report Novemeber 13, 2006

Awarded by , 11-13-2006 at 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rick Bennett
    Folks, Redfish fishing is on fire. One trip we hooked 24 fish and landed and released 18...all between 23 and 32 inches. We were using dead finger mullet fished on a carolina rig.
    Other good bites for specks and grays are going on as well and a few flounder are still around.
    Fishing this week should be great...good weather.

Capt. Rick Bennett
    Rod-Man Charters
    910-799-6120
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A MirroLure technique for Specks

One of my favorite lures for catching speckled trout (spotted sea trout) is the MirroLure made by the L&S Bait Company. There are several different models and many techniques for using them ranging from trolling to casting to pitching them.

My favorite way to target specks with mirrolures utilizes the MR series and is best described as a modified cast. I'll explain in more detail below. These lures have been around for decades and are a favorite of many speck fishermen. The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized