NCangler.com - Fly Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Fly Fishing

1. smallies ( and 1 walleye) with wings....A major spanking

Quote Originally Posted by slickrocktom View Post
    I met up with wingsdlc this morning for some smallie action. Started off kinda dreary and moist, cloud cover stayed with us all day long. Temps in the high 60's made it feel like a fall day. I led the way with my ritual underwater dance I normally start off with. This attracts trophies and scares away competing fishermen. Wings came out swinging with a walleye on a saltwater pattern, and pretty much owned his guide
    Tags: fly fishing
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
  2. Deer Hair and Balsa Poppers!!

Awarded by , 04-14-2011 at 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheel fly flinger View Post
    I have not tied Deer hair poppers in a few yrs . I usually make foam poppers and divers. Flytyingyaker inspired me to get back to my roots and here is my labor of fun!

These poppers are size 2 and 1

The balsa poppers are next and they do work well...I had a hard hit on a bass on
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
  3. PB Trout

Awarded by , 03-06-2011 at 12:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gfish View Post
    I went trout fishing with a friend last week... she was amazed when i hooked up with a monster trout but unfortunately i did not land it. She obsessed all week about getting back to the spot so we could catch it on our next day off.... Not sure if she caught the same one but she managed a PB. Maybe now she will consider trout fishing with me instead of talking BASS all the time :-)
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
  4. Spots on the Spot by Flyfishnut

Awarded by , 07-29-2010 at 09:33 PM

There was one bucket mouth mixed in with the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfishnut View Post
    Been hitting a certain tailrace hard lately trying to get it figured out.

this afternoon I caught around 10-12, with one being my career best spot. (Didn't weigh the fish, but it was visibly / heftily bigger than any others I've caught).

Last week I had another fly angler on my boat and we caught 25 or so between the two
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
  5. A Day at the JEPFEC

I spent Wednesday afternoon in Fayetteville, visiting the John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center. The occasion was one of their Wounded Warrior/NC Handicapped Sportsmen/Military Family fishing clinics. I'm no fly-fishing expert, but Al K allowed me to come down and be part of the volunteer staff.

Not a huge turnout of guests on this warm afternoon but a handful of families took advantage of the open ...
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314