NCangler.com - Offshore Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Offshore Fishing

1. Featured Fishing Report - from frogfish

hey guys, well another JIGFEST is in the books. 15 guys, 3 boats, 2 days of fishing....unreal. I have never laughed so hard in my life. The fishing was good, but the people were even better. I can't wait to fish with them again. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Fish hard, laugh hard, fight hard

frogfish

(see the full report with lots of pictures)
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  2. Wahoo Time, again :)

Check out this recent fishing report:

All week I have been watching the marine forecast and itching, planning, and anticipating an offshore fishing trip. It was a long, cold winter and I was out of the country most of the month of March, so I really wanted to get in an offshore fishing trip. Finally, Friday got here and the marine forecast was dead on, a gorgeous day! Taylor, Scott ...
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  3. Wahoo Time

Right now is one of the best times of the year to catch a Wahoo off the coast of North Carolina. They can be found in decent numbers in depths ranging from 180 - 300 feet. That means a pretty good boat ride for most of us but it is well worth it.

Wahoo are one of the fastest fish in the ocean reaching speeds over 50 miles an hour with ease. Fisherman know them as the greyhounds of the ocean. ...
    Tags: Wahoo
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Gulf Stream Trip

Yesterday I finally got to make a fishing trip to the Gulf Stream this month. The weather kept me penned down for a few weeks and then I had some other issues that kept me off the water, so I was ready to do some catching yesterday. My friend Scott Erickson was kind enough to invite me to go with him and his buddy Tanner aboard his boat the "Reel Dream".

We met at the high rise bridge ...
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  5. NC Angler catches a WHOLE fish

I had the pleasure of fishing with Randy (NC Angler) today. Last time we fished together for kings and dolphin, we had a bunch of sharks that enjoyed a free meal at our expense. This time we managed to avoid feeding the carnivores of the deep and Randy was able to catch some whole fish!

We left out of New Topsail Inlet this morning around 7:30 and had our first fish of the day in the box, a king mackerel, ...
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast