NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Cape Lookout area fishing, 5/18 & 5/19

Awarded by , 05-21-2013 at 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    Spent most of the two days chasing false albacore between the CL rock jetty and the CL shoals. Schools were moving as fast as I've ever seen them -- they'd pop up for just a few seconds, then they'd be off again and re-emerge a long way off, again for just a short burst. But still a great spectacle to see the water exploding with albacore, and saw lots of fish completely airborne -- very cool sight. Occasionally
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. Wrightsville Beach Area 5/19

Awarded by , 05-20-2013 at 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by madcircle View Post
    A good friend of mine just graduated OCS and before he gets stationed in California he came back to Wilmington once last time. We had a more than fun filled weekend but when Sunday morning came around it was all about putting him on some drum. So we met my fishing buddy, we call him capt. butch, at the boat ramp at 7am and hit a few spots. We probably caught about 30 drum all in the 17-20" range and
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Daughter's Birthday Wish Fullfilled

Awarded by , 05-19-2013 at 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter's Haven View Post
    My daughter wanted to fish with her dad for her birthday yesterday and her wish was to catch her first Mahi. Got up with a friend of mine and we headed to the Same-Ole. It was snotty but we made it and within 10 minutes we had a happy birthday girl. The bites continued off and on and we let Brittany battle the fish as it was her special day unless there was a double. Made
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  4. Falls Lake

Awarded by , 05-17-2013 at 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fister80 View Post
    This was taken yesterday. Just now getting to update. Fishing was good, my 5yo caught this cat just a few minutes after gettin his line wet. Lots of bites but nothing much more. We caught 5 other cats and switched to pan fish. Caught several gills tho. Awesome day and they were bitin pretty good
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	1441 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	51759  
  5. A sea of albacore...

Awarded by , 05-16-2013 at 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    Yesterday my friend and I had the chance to head down to the coast to fish with my other friend. We went out lookin to jig up some flounder but were unsuccessful other than a couple chunky sea bass, a good sign for the opening of the season in june. On the way back we saw birds... lots and lots of birds and no boats. We pulled up in to em unsure what they were, and two of us hooked up drags a screamin. Finally saw
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	albacore 003.jpg‎ 
Views:	1218 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	51727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	albacore 001.jpg‎ 
Views:	138 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	51728