NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 10 lb+ hybrid - Daylight Savings After Work Fishing Is Back!

Awarded by , 03-11-2013 at 11:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    After the clocks were moved forward Sunday that was the green light to get in some after work fishing, so during my lunch hour I drove home loaded up the kayak and headed straight to Kerr Scott right after 5. I realized that I was only going to get a hour or so if fishing by the time I drove over and unloaded and got set up. A couple of people told me its going to rain, you should wait, but
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. Williams Mill Pond

Awarded by , 03-08-2013 at 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boredgunny View Post
    My fishing buddy and I went to Williams Mill Pond in Wayne County (About 5 miles off of Highway 111 on Highway 55) this past Saturday and this 5 pounder was just one of about a half dozen bass we caught. All were in the 3-6 pound range. We also caught about 30 "Jack Pike", actually called Chain Pickeral (Sp?) that were in the 2-3 foot range, with some babies thrown in. There was also another gentleman
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my pictures 066.jpg‎ 
Views:	2988 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	49262  
  3. Maiden Voyage today on new Sled. 30"+ reds and CITATION specks 3/5/13

Awarded by , 03-05-2013 at 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Well, the planets finally aligned, and my new ride finally got rigged out. I had TimC out for the maiden voyage. We kept our limit of BIG nice trout, and caught 15 or more reds, with one being well over 30". Caught some smaller keeper trout also. Good afternoon on the water in the howling winds. All fish come on MR 17s and TTF Hackberry Hustlers on 1/8 ounce jigheads.

Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  4. Blewitt Falls with the kids 3-2-13

Awarded by , 03-04-2013 at 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Took a couple friends with their kids to Blewitt Falls Saturday for some catfishing. When we planned the trip the weather forecast was for 54 degrees and sunny with a bit of unsettled weather moving in later in the evening. As the day got closer the weather forecast deteriorated, but everyone decided to go ahead and give it a go. Got to the lake around 6:30am to cold but manageable temperatures. Unfortunately we never saw the sun, but the kids
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. New River Trout - 3-2-13

Awarded by , 03-03-2013 at 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    I fished today with my buddy Eric on his boat and we headed up the New River searching for some Trout. We headed up a creek working MR-17 mirrolures and had a good day of catching fish. Between the two of us we landed 8 Trout and 4 Reds. We each caught two Reds and I caught 6 of the 8 Trout. We did not keep anything smaller then 16 inch so I let one Trout go that was 15 inches. We ended up one fish shy of a two man
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0011.jpg‎ 
Views:	104 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	49128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0013.jpg‎ 
Views:	1213 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	49129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg‎ 
Views:	112 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	49130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0017.jpg‎ 
Views:	108 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	49131