NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Just like valentines day... it's quality, not quantity.

Awarded by , 02-15-2012 at 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    Went out this morning at sunrise got to my honey hole in Zebulon about 7:10am, spent about 2 hours casting chartreuse cranks, craw cranks, chartreuse and white spinnerbaits, colorado and willow, not getting hits on anything. At one point a few 1-2lb bass started destroying a school of shad on the other side of the pond, some leaving the water as they jumped to get them. By the time I got over there, they had dispersed.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. 2/11/12 Harris human sailboating trip

Awarded by , 02-14-2012 at 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by senkomaster View Post
    Launched at crosspoint at 10:30... met up with fistmouth and trolled up the arm across from the boat ramp. finally got my norman stuck in a fatty slab and a decent bass in the back end in about 25ft. The trip back to the boatramp took forever as the wind and wave were always against us. At one point the wind was blowing so hard the paddle almost came out of my hands. Kayak fishing, the new extreme sport!
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. 2-12-12 Windy and cold Fontana Report

Awarded by , 02-13-2012 at 08:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
    2-12-12 Fontana Windy, cold, bright, did I say windy and cold? But the fish were out of the wind, and loving life. Took live bait with the anticipation of upcoming trips and the fish decided that was ok by them. This was almost as exciting as striper fishing. Used 8' crappie rods with 3/8's weight and about 6-7 feet of leader and slow trolled with the trolling motor. It was more
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-12 chunk.jpg‎ 
Views:	164 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	37083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-12 Font sm.jpg‎ 
Views:	1130 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	37084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-12 Fontana.jpg‎ 
Views:	165 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	37085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12-12 Smallie.jpg‎ 
Views:	164 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	37086  
  4. 2/11/12 Quick trip to Harris

Awarded by , 02-12-2012 at 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fishjunky View Post
    I made a short trip this morning ahead of the gale force front coming through. I found the fish, but they were not nearly as active as last week. Landed one, had two come off right by the boat, and missed probably 6 or 7 bites. On a positive note, my new camera mount works nicely (no laughing at my homemade safety light in the background).
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. 2-10-12 Fontana report

Awarded by , 02-11-2012 at 07:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
    2-10-12 Fontana Took a day to find some new fish that can be caught with downlines similar to the way we striper fish, have some inexperienced fishermen coming and don't want to troll all day, so the spots will be a good change of pace if the eyes shut down. Went downlake and found good numbers of fish around Panther Creek area. Took a cruise that way last week and didn't find much,
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-10-12 just a few spots.jpg‎ 
Views:	150 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	37038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-10-12 sparkle spot.jpg‎ 
Views:	884 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	37039