NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Super slam on tha pam !!!

Awarded by , 06-16-2016 at 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Pelt View Post
    After a beautiful sunrise at swanquarter we caught a super slam of flounder , trout , drum , rock , croaker , crabs and a skate . This was our first trip to the pam and look forward to many more . Hope the wind will take a rest next time , worked the old man pretty good on the trollin motor !!!!
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1563.jpg‎ 
Views:	32 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	100273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1564.jpg‎ 
Views:	1002 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	100281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1565.jpg‎ 
Views:	47 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	100289  
  2. We lost a good man...

Awarded by , 06-04-2016 at 04:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by NCangler View Post
    I learned yesterday that Kevin Dunphy (known on NCangler.com as Lefty) lost his battle with cancer on Thursday. Kevin served as a moderator on NCangler.com for several years and was a fishing friend of many on this website. He was also a great husband, father and servant in his local church. Kevin will be missed by his family and friends but he has left a legacy of faithful stewardship and
    Categories
    In Memoriam
  3. Memorial weekend mixed bag on the river

Awarded by , 06-03-2016 at 09:57 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bass McMasterson View Post
    The family spent memorial weekend in a cabin on my new favorite wnc river. We chose a great stretch that really produced. Over 30 smallies, 10 rainbows, I think 6 rock bass, and even a couple suckers.*

Great weekend that saw my oldest son catch his first smallmouth and rainbow trout, and I landed trout, smallmouth and rock bass on a fly rod for the first time. I lost what appeared to
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. June 1 at RRR

Awarded by , 06-02-2016 at 10:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by slow-1 View Post
    Two buddies and I went to Randleman Regional Reservoir yesterday. Despite the heat we had a pretty good day, 22 fish, 20 of which were bass, and most were keeper size and up (all were released).

We found the fish mostly in 8-10 feet of water near main lake deep water. Crank baits and rubber worms fished Texas and Carolina Rigged.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Twin cobes on sat

Awarded by , 06-01-2016 at 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Sometimespersistence stubbornness pays off. My buddy Hodge & I went out Bogue Inlet on Sat and were met with anasty NE wind and stacked 2 to 3ís with an occasional 4 to 5. That and dark skies, so we couldnít hardlysee a thing. We motored up Emerald Islefor a couple hours and didnít see the first bait ball. Instead of doing the smart thing, liketurning around, we kept on going all the way to the MHC
    Categories
    Uncategorized