NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Jordan 12/12/15

Awarded by , 12-13-2015 at 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    A buddy from the Fayetteville area recently asked me to make him some jig heads that I pour, to justify his trip to get them from me I invited him to fish at Jordan with me today. We put in around 7 under a thick fog and didnt go far before we started fishing. With the warm spell and warm water we started shallow.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Neuse River Report

Awarded by , 12-11-2015 at 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamlico Tackle View Post
    Winter fishing has yet to get into full swing with all the warm weather we have been having. Water temperatures staying in mid 50s to 60 degrees and has fish not knowing when to it creeks hard.

Trout bite has been good for some and off for others. Those moving around to locate fish are fairing well finding lots of small trout and good mix of legal even large trout. Those going into routine patterns
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12311226_976818119008397_4764574511594833750_n.jpg‎ 
Views:	880 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	75673  
  3. Troutsgiving

Awarded by , 12-01-2015 at 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelPrime View Post
    Finally got some time on the water over the Thanksgiving holiday and made the most of it. Fished all four days and went to work today wishing I was still fishing. I had one mission, to find some keeper trout and big trout. Spent all four days fishing various creeks off the Pamlico and found exactly what I was looking for. Went solo on Thursday and caught my second biggest trout with a 4.35 lb hog. Im still searching
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  4. Harris 11/29

Awarded by , 11-30-2015 at 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
    It was a very comfortable day with light clouds most of the morning. Sunrise below... Matt and I hit Hollimans at 6:30 and hung around 10 minutes for a possible third passenger. The wind was down and the water was smooth. with an empty parking lot with no duck hunters. We felt the front come through with a change in humidity around noon I think.

We cruised
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. A Boy and his . . . PIG

Awarded by , 11-28-2015 at 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonster View Post
    Man, I love it when a plan comes together!

Wednesday, my son and I decided to head east for a fishing trip. Our last few had been mediocre and I could tell that he was on the fence about going again, so the pressure was on me to find fish. We headed out late, waiting for the frost to melt and weather to get more comfortable for both us and for the fish.

We put in and headed to a spot
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-11-26 07.42.59.jpg‎ 
Views:	107 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	75479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151125_161859.jpg‎ 
Views:	880 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	75480