NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. City Lake: 5 bass and a bowfin

Awarded by , 08-26-2015 at 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Got out while the boy was at school today, launched after I dropped him off around 830. Wife picked him up so I fished till about 430, then home to help with dinner and stuff.

Slow day overall, caught 5 bass over 8 hours. I did get lucky with the 2nd one being a 6lb 2oz hoss. Hit a weightless white trick worm up near a fallen pine tree in just a few feet of water. The rest of the fish
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3046.jpg‎ 
Views:	43 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	73847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3047.jpg‎ 
Views:	49 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	73848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3048.jpg‎ 
Views:	55 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	73849  
  2. Sunday 8/23 - Swanquarter

Awarded by , 08-25-2015 at 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonster View Post
    After my trip with my daugher last Saturday, I've been day dreaming of getting back out to Swanquarter to find those rascally flat fish again. Unfortunately, work had me travelling all week and Saturday a.m. I was both exhausted and in need of some family time. However, we planned our day to attend Mass Saturday night so I could get out first thing Sunday a.m.. My son saw the pics of last weekend and it was his
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing

Name:	IMG_20150823_085551_888.jpg‎ 
Views:	660 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	73821  
  3. pungo river flatties

Awarded by , 08-24-2015 at 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelPrime View Post
    Fished the pungo on sun morning with my girl and found a lot of small fish. When I say a lot, I mean we caught 30 flounder all 14.5" and smaller. The wind was still howling out of the N to NE. I found fish all over, in all the right areas but no size. Around lunch we almost gave up when I tried one last spot and it paid off, big time. Caught two decent keepers back to back. Worked a little further down the
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing

Name:	20150823_162812.jpg‎ 
Views:	65 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	73795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150823_163123.jpg‎ 
Views:	738 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	73796  
  4. Carteret County Flatties, Spanish and our first King

Awarded by , 08-21-2015 at 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by one wolf View Post
    Caught the 20" flounder in Bogue Sound Saturday morning early casting around the shoreline. Sunday we headed out early and relatively quickly landed what we thought were 3 Spanish on live mullet just west of Beaufort Inlet - all before 8am. By the time we landed the third, we were joined by a dozen boats so we headed up toward the Cape - more boats including 2 netters
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. Beautiful day on a blue line

Awarded by , 08-20-2015 at 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    My wife and I came to the mountains of Western North Carolina for a little over-night get away. While we were here we stopped in on one of my favorite blue lines in the area. We didn't have long to fish with all the thunder storms and rain rolling through, but the time we did have was wonderful.

Weapon of choice today was my Steffen 8' 3/4. I love this rod. I just does so many things well.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing