NCangler.com - Most Popular - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Big Drum On The Pamlico

Awarded by , 08-12-2013 at 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisleggett6 View Post
    Me and some friends went on the Pamlico last night to try for some old big drum. We hit the water at 5pm. A storm came threw so everyone elft the water..... they should have stuck it out. We went to a nearby house dock and tied up. The owner were nice enough to let us stand under there house while the storm passed. After the storm there was no wind and the water was flat as glass. We went back to our little honey
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1095.jpg‎ 
Views:	1561 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	54376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130811_003044 (1).jpg‎ 
Views:	224 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	54377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130810_231155.jpg‎ 
Views:	232 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	54378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130811_003056.jpg‎ 
Views:	232 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	54379  
  2. Back in Action

Awarded by , 11-01-2013 at 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger22 View Post
    As some of you know, my boat has been out of commission due to an incident with a submerged pile of rocks. After a month and a half The Mistress is back in action and looks better than ever. Took her out today for the first time since the repairs looking for trout. Didn't find a whole lot, but it was great being back on the water. We put 2 trout and one drum and a largemouth in the boat in a couple hours of fishing. Seth had one
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Carolina vs. Alabama.....The Battle of the Rigs!

Awarded by , 01-22-2014 at 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by broncotwisterjim View Post
    After catching the majority of my bass lately on cranks, I decided to put down the cranking sticks for the day and try to make it happen in two completely different ways.

I commented recently on this site that I have not yet become a big A-rig fan. I joined the game late, not buying one until the fall of 2012 and then really not fishing it very often. I tried it a few times with no luck, so back
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  4. Blowin' a Gale at Belews!

Awarded by , 02-06-2014 at 08:21 AM
    I had a plan to drag the Carolina rig on some main lake structure. I only had about 2 hours, launch to take-out, so I settled in on one area to work thoroughly. About 15 minutes after starting, I noticed a stiff breeze descending onto the treetops. In another 10 minutes, there were whitecaps on the lake and it was all I could do with the Riptide to keep the boat off the bank. But it set up some really fine fishing
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windy nc bass 1.jpg‎ 
Views:	1221 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	58740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windy NC bass 2.jpg‎ 
Views:	187 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	58741  
  5. First of the Worst, Best of the Last!

Awarded by , 03-04-2014 at 09:29 AM
    So, there's a little stretch of DH water that I've wanted to try and the opportunity presented itself on Sunday. Now Sunday fell on March 2. That's the March 2 that falls just before March 3. March 3 is the first stocking of the DH water since last fall. So, I think most would say it was about the worst time I could have picked for my first trip there. You know the story.......... it's been fished out, washed
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast