NCangler.com - Kayak Fishing - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Kayak Fishing

1. Fooling the fish on April Fools Day 4/1/13

Awarded by , 04-02-2013 at 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    Long fishing day. Got on the water just after light and fished til almost dark. Ended up with 14 fish.

11 bass, 3 crappie

This was one of the best quality days fishing that I've had yet. I used 3 different Rapala cranks to catch all 14 fish. One bass was around 6lbs give or take, several 3-4lbs, and quite a few 2lb fish. The crappie were even nice
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. Kerr Lake - 3-29 & 3-30

Awarded by , 04-01-2013 at 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestewsbro View Post
    So Toba and myself hit Kerr Lake Friday morning, as we both had the day off. We took kayaks. It was cold and a bit windy, and with it being Good Friday, the lake was busy as well. We set off in a creek on the North side of the lake and quickly found fish...We caught a few short stripers on artificials, (sassy shads and stickbaits), then switched to large bass minnows on vertical carolina rigs, with 1
    Categories
  3. Bass report, Saturday, 3/23/2013

Awarded by , 03-25-2013 at 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    Not a great forecast, but thought Saturday would be my last chance to bass fish for a couple of weeks. Got a late start -- launched around 8am. Overcast conditions, water was 52 degrees on the surface at beginning of day, and had inched up to 53 by late afternoon. Hoped I could find some fish deep, so started working some known good spots with a DT Metal 20 and a drop-shot rig w/wacky rigged 4" Yum Dinger
    Categories
  4. Salem Lake 3/16/13

Awarded by , 03-18-2013 at 10:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by apphunter View Post
    I hit up Salem Lake today. The fishing was slow. I don't have a depth finder but a guy in a motor boat told me the temps were varying anywhere from 49-53 and it was stained. He said he had caught two small largemouths off a bush in 8 ft next to a channel 12ft deep. I was trolling a short billed rappala crank bait. I got one strike but it didn't even feel like a strike it felt more like i was hung up.
    Categories
  5. A good weekend on harris

Awarded by , 03-14-2013 at 01:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by senkomaster View Post
    Went to harris daybreak to 3pm both days. Things are looking good! If the temps stay up the yakfish tourney should be hot. The shallows seemed to be empty and all fish were taken in 20ft of water. Apart from the insane boat ramp traffic it couldn't have been a better weekend. I can't reveal the details but it seems like the big girls are getting the point. One of the fish looks like it may have been fanning already?
    Categories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130309_135701.jpg‎ 
Views:	116 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	49388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130310_092806.jpg‎ 
Views:	107 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	49389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130310_101629.jpg‎ 
Views:	100 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	49390