Nobody Out There is Catching a Thing! - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Nobody Out There is Catching a Thing!

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 02-25-2014 at 05:53 PM (532 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by broncotwisterjim View Post
Well, I'm sure you've all arrived at the ramp and put in only to hear someone taking out, say that. This is how it started for me Saturday at Belews. My wife and I put in at 3pm and fished til just before 6:30. We rode through the parking lot at the Piney Bluff ramp before deciding to move on to another ramp. Every parking spot in the lot was full and there were several trucks with trailers in the grass. Looked like 4th of July weekend!

Based on the "gloom & doom" report I received from the ramp and the post-front conditions the day had to offer, I decided to focus my efforts deep and do some sonar fishing. I expected the front to have broken up the bait again and that's exactly what I found. There were small pods of bait suspended in the 20-25' range in many areas. I marked a few bass nearby each one and had pretty good success getting them to bite by fan casting the areas with baits running deep.

The quality of the fish was good and all were shad-fat! There are lots of things going on at Belews right now, including a large number of boats on the water. The fishing continues to be a very enjoyable kind of challenging, and for those willing to put in the time, she's serving up some nice rewards. It's nice to see an uptick in NCAngler members fishing Belews and posting reports. Enjoy it while it lasts. The summertime-pleasure boat-hot tub is coming soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BC fatty.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	59239 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BC fatty 2.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	59240 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BC fatty 3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	59241 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belews22214.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	59242 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belews222142.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	59243
BTJ
Categories
Freshwater Fishing

Comments