Back to back pigs - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Back to back pigs

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 03-22-2014 at 12:25 AM (764 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by spidey View Post
Started off the day by heading to Durant hoping to land some big ones like last year. After 2 hours of not a nibble headed to a small pond I have found and worked there for 30 minutes. After giving up decided to head to my favorite spot. When I arrived a buddy of mine was working the point area and he had a couple of hits no lands. First I started with a new rat l trap craw patter I got and nothing. The wind really picked up so I figured better put on one of my 3/4oz red eye shads. Decided to move to a diff spot on the point and first cats bam about 20 feet out fish on and it is running frag like mad. Buddy asks if I need a hand landing and I said yeah after I can get it from running and starting to cooperate. I feel I have a good hook set but during the fight feels like I loose one of the hooks but still have it on. Finally get it to shore and we are thinking gotta be 7 turns out 6.7 and 25 inches. We do the picture taking and measuring and than set it free. Checked my line to make sure no kinks etc and toss it out again to a different angle as the first. I get about 20 feet from shore again and BAM I am like no freaking way back to back cats and this one feels bigger and starts running back and forth and tries a big ole leap out of the water. Finally get it to shore and we are thinking 9! but scale said 8.7 and 28 inches.

All on my red eyed shad. I did try a chatter bait afterward and had a strike at it but no big take.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spideyhogs.jpg‎ 
Views:	1296 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	59942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0412.jpg‎ 
Views:	96 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	59940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0414.jpg‎ 
Views:	116 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	59941  
Categories
Freshwater Fishing

Comments

congrats on the blog award!
    Saweeeeeeetttttt......
    Nice job, good pictures.

Darrell