Quality over quantity with a PB in there - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Quality over quantity with a PB in there

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 03-25-2014 at 08:51 AM (470 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Got*A*Big*1 View Post
My buddies and I began fishing early Saturday morning in hopes of landing a pre spawn monster. The morning started slow with water temps hovering in the mid to upper 40's. We didn't land our first fish until about 2 hours into it. As the sun got higher the water temp started to climb and the wind began to pick up. I knew once the water got to the mid 50's the fish would really turn on. We finally came across a wind blown point which I had caught some nice fish on in previous years. Right off the bat my buddy caught a #5.5 and #3.5. We than went back and forth catching nothing under 3 pounds. I ended up landing a #6.5 there also. We eventually moved on where we found a flat with the channel close by. This was another big fish spot where I caught my personal best last year. I fished it really hard and took my time. I was getting ready to move on to my next spot when she hit. At first I thought it was a good fish until I got a good look near my kayak. I instantly got nervous and called for my buddies. When I saw the flash and how big it was I knew it was a monster! She put up a great fight taking drag. I weighed her and took some photos. She was right at 9lbs even. A new personal best for me. The rest of the day brought more big fish. We landed over 50 bass and only a few were under 3 pounds. Some of my fish were caught on my own custom made plastics so that was a plus. What a blast!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3454.jpg‎ 
Views:	508 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	60066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0433.jpg‎ 
Views:	121 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	60067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0436.jpg‎ 
Views:	128 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	60068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG953327.jpg‎ 
Views:	129 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	60069  
Categories
Kayak Fishing , ‎ Freshwater Fishing

Comments