Cape Fear Stripers!!! - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Cape Fear Stripers!!!

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 04-01-2014 at 10:49 AM (594 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by broncotwisterjim View Post
After a Saturday morning of steady and sometimes heavy rain, my view across the Atlantic from the Carolina Beach waterfront began to clear slightly. I had planned to get in some fishing some way, somehow, but a solid plan had not yet come together. The weather seemed to have most Cape Fear anglers involved in other projects, but while only in town for the weekend this time, my focus remained on getting the fishing done. I chose not to bring a vessel, due to the length of trip and forecast, so I was either shore-bound or thumb-in-the-air.

After extending THANKS to a couple of NCAngler members for offers of trips on later dates with better weather and a bank fishing trip to N. Topsail that I couldn't squeeze in to my timeframe, I finally got hooked up with a local bud who had become free. Something to do with an impending dinner engagement with in-laws, that had suddenly fallen apart. Hey, fishing calls, right???

We put in downtown on the CF and decided to make a run at the Stripers. We both had made attempts during the winter, some with success and some not-so-much. There are MANY nice places for the fish to hang out & move around in this area and covering water is usually the name of the game. Cover water, we did. With about 4 hours to work with, we tried a few different methods and several areas. We found fish on jerks and cranks holding on or near breaks and channel banks and on scattered structure in depths from 7-15fow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stripe2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	60276 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stripe3.jpg 
Views:	862 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	60277

The weather cleared beautifully and we were blessed with an afternoon of overcast, mild conditions with a light breeze. We had a great time trying to track down the Stripes while they're in town. This is a challenging, but fun catch & release fishery here on the CF. All fish were thanked and released unharmed to fight another day!

BTJ
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments

Great picture congratulations on the blog award