First Fish Of 2015 - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

First Fish Of 2015

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 01-04-2015 at 10:30 PM (879 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
Hit the local reservoir to try to catch something to start off the year. I had forgotten to change one of my rods out before leaving. I experimented with the float & fly technique my last time out that requires light line, a long rod (in this case a 7') a bobber and a fly. The line was 8 lb test not real ultralight by any means but ended up putting a Longshank Spinnerbait on that rod and line. I was amazed at how far I was able to cast that lure with a 7' rod. The first few casts I was hitting land and catching tree limbs on the bank. Eventually I found where the water was and casted parallel to a sloping bank and got hammered. The fight was a good one and took a little while. I first saw the fish come up and knew it was a good one. It went under my yak and around the back of me and then I somehow hit the drag setting and it got loose really loose. I was hoping that bad boy would stay on, I quicky adjusted the drag and that fish came to the surface right towards me and into the waiting net. I didn't have any way to weigh it but based on previous fish I'm guessing it came in at 6 lbs give or take a few oz's in either direction.

Can someone educate me on posting full size photo's? The whole downloading thing and copying a picture to a post has changed completely since I've been on........sincerely..........Lost In North Wilkesboro.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3313.jpg‎ 
Views:	901 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	68463  
Categories
Kayak Fishing , ‎ Freshwater Fishing

Comments

Good first fish of the year!
    Great fish Ray. Still have the Golding touch.
    off to a really good start............