French B Fishing - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

French B Fishing

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 05-04-2015 at 08:45 AM (799 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
I've fished the French Broad River twice this week, Tuesday evening and Sunday afternoon. Overall, it's been somewhat a tough bite with the water still stained and running good. (Might be other reasons for tough fishing, spawning? fronts? fishing pressure? river traffic? not sure really...) We have managed to put 6 smallies in the boat and one nice rainbow. On Tuesday the river was almost muddy colored, so i switched to a darker color plastic craw bait and was able to catch a few nice fish. Today the bass wanted the in-line spinners (Mepps # 4 gold blade red/yellow paint) and would lightly take the jigs and plastics for some reason. (I was never able to get one to the boat on the plastics today.) My wife made the catches of the day with the biggest smallie and caught our dinner trout!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0384.jpg‎ 
Views:	118 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	70947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03571.jpg‎ 
Views:	120 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	70948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03579.jpg‎ 
Views:	1745 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	70949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03582.jpg‎ 
Views:	132 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	70950  
Categories
Kayak Fishing , ‎ Freshwater Fishing

Comments

You guys are on fire. Congratulations on another great day and the Blog award.

Darrell
    Thanks Darrell, She makes me look good for sure, it would have been a poor day without those two last catches. Her casting skills were spot on yesterday dropping the spinner right into the pocket and ripping it out was the trick!