Slob Cobia - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Slob Cobia

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 05-26-2015 at 06:25 AM (665 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by TakeDown View Post
Been waiting and waiting to trailer south to Hatteras to join in on the Cobia blitz! Things worked out yesterday and we made the ride. We were a little worried after a 2 day north blow. The wind came back around out of the SE 5-10 and it was a beautiful morning, green water and 66-69 degrees. We rode a temperature change and tide line for over an hour looking and never saw a fish. Made the decision to run north to the shoals. We could tell we made the right choice when 30-40 boats appeared on the horizon. The fish were cruising the bottom (not on top) along the shoals in 5-8ft of water. There were a bunch of scattered big fish, never saw any pods or groups of fish. I spotted what I knew was a nice fish from the crows nest. I reached for the closest rod to me and slung a jig at him. Once he was on and drag started screaming I realized I had picked up my 7ft medium Tsunami/3000 battle combo I had brought along to throw at a smaller fish (thought it would be fun to fight a 20lb fish on that lighter setup). The battle was spooled with 20lb pp. It was a 35-40 minute fight (from the tower) and I worried every second he was gonna pop off. With good teamwork and good gaff shots he hit the deck. My biggest so far at 84lbs! Ready for the next one!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobia1.jpg‎ 
Views:	109 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	71462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobia.jpg‎ 
Views:	100 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	71463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobia2.jpg‎ 
Views:	1397 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	71464  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments

Sick.......