5/24 Oak Island Flounder Report - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

5/24 Oak Island Flounder Report

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 05-28-2015 at 08:15 AM (578 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by TarheelFishing88 View Post
I did make it out for a couple hours of flounder fishing from the kayak on Sunday morning. I started off early w/ a Skitterwalk to try to tempt a couple trout. I had one Trout jump completely out the water on a miss and no other blow ups. My girlfriend was wanting some flounder fillets for dinner so I shifted focus once the sun was up. We were fishing Gulp and Zman artificials (procure on the Zman). Tried skipping under some docks with just a couple misses so headed to an area where I've caught a couple before. Caught a couple shorts right away. I figured out how they were holding, and they all were facing into the current in this one area. They wouldn't bite unless I drug the bait slowly on the bottom with the current. Finally caught a 17 1/2" in the second Pic and about fifteen minutes later I caught the one in the first pic that went a little over 21". The bigger one actually made a couple nice runs, and it went to the bottom when it saw the net about 6 different times. My girlfriend also lost a few fish including one that acted bigger than the ones I caught. Nice couple hours on the water that morning followed by a nice afternoon on the beach with some select beverages and grilled flounder.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	122 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	71532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	1891 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	71533  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments