Hot Day on Randleman 7-10-15 - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Hot Day on Randleman 7-10-15

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 07-12-2015 at 08:35 AM (425 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
My sister-in-law is visiting and her boyfriend asked I take him fishin. So I took him to Randleman - he fished for whatever would bite bait and I tried for bass. He caught some crappie and catfish. I didn't cover water like I normally would because of the live bait rig but I found a school of nice ones nonetheless. It was in my favorite brushpile 10 ft deep, and most of them bit a jig and craw. I caught 7 and the smallest went 2.5 lb, all the rest were between 3-5 pounds. I caught two on a T-rig speedcraw when the jig bite died down later in the day. I also tried a shakeyhead, a T-rig trickworm, and squarebill, but no bites with that. I even caught two on the jig in consecutive casts, one of which is in the photo.

I've attached just one photo, the rest have too many landmarks visible....haha

Conditions

Water temp 86-89 degrees - or just call it bathwater
Winds out of the west but we were sheltered from it most of the time
Water clarity about 3 feet but stained as usual
Not a cloud in the sky
Not too many boats out there considering it was Friday - maybe because of the heat...

It was a hot one for sure, and it was certainly an example you don't need to follow the textbook to find the hot water bass. Not sure if 10 ft is considered shallow but I wasn't deep cranking or c-rigging deep points!

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass.jpg‎ 
Views:	661 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	72769  
Categories
Freshwater Fishing

Comments