An old drum and a boy - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

An old drum and a boy

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Awarded by , 08-08-2015 at 10:47 PM (929 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by trigger22 View Post
Hit the river just before sunset this evening with hopes of putting my number one fishing buddy on his very first old drum. Tossed the net on a pile of menhaden at 8:03 pm. With the amount of bait around me, I was in as good of a spot as any. Sat the power pole down and baited up 3 rods with fresh menhaden. Less than 10 minutes later (hooked at 8:10 according to time stamp on first pic I took of him fighting it), Bryce was fighting his very first old drum and at 8:16 pm he was releasing his very first of hopefully many many more old drum. Fished that spot for another half hour without a sniff and since it was dark pushed out to slightly deeper water. Set anchor on a likely spot and shortly after hooked up again. He got about 15 seconds worth of a fight and pulled the hook. Set the rods back out and a short while later he's fighting another one. This one gave him a workout, but he got it to the boat and just as I grabbed for her she made a last minute surge and got into the trim tabs and broke off. Called it a night after that. Not a bad way to spend 2 hours.

Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][B]Fantastic!!! That is what family and fishing is all about !!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Great job good to see some pics of you out and about.

Darrell
    What a memory! He will never forget that and I'm sure you will not either. Can't wait to take my 8 year old next week as the last trip we came up empty handed. Awesome looking Intruder by-the-way!