HPCL on a beautiful day... - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

HPCL on a beautiful day...

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 08-29-2015 at 10:42 AM (735 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Dave1908 View Post
Started a little late but a great day on the lake. I have heard some of the stories and have seen a lot of pictures from HPCL. As for myself, I have only caught 1-2 lbs fish there but I'm chucking it up to summer and not knowing the lake. Well now I know a little about the lake and decided to take my son and my brother-in-law Thomas today. Started with top water and missed a big bite but Thomas got a small one in the boat on a buzz bait. We continued top water til almost ten with only one fish to show. I was using trick worms and he was using a buzz bait. We spent some time at "The Deep" worming and speedcrawing but no takers. We saw some shad so moved to a crank bait and rattle trap for a bit because of the section we were working through. Thomas caught two on the rattle trap. The second was 3 plus lbs. I'm not much of a crank head so went back to plastics. Still no fish in the boat for me. I missed at least 2 strikes on my line while trolling/standing up. Kind of frustrating. Worked up the East fork side up past the bridge. Couldn't find the rock dam, but were limited by the battery. So we worked around the bridge as our day was beginning to wind down. I listened to some advice shared and hit the grass. Right up on it and dropping in the holes. BLAMM!! Thomas caught a 4lber. Almost lost him wrestling him from the grass. I still was empty but got credit for putting him on the fish. We worked a cove and Thomas's hook set about knocked us out of the boat. He told me that he was gonna need help with this one. And he did. It was the biggest one I've seen there. It was 21 in and over 6 lbs. We fished a little more but battery started dying so headed in. I can say it was a dud for me but Thomas is hooked on HPCL.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	78 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	73926   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	78 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	73927   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	79 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	73928   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	1049 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	73929  
Categories
Freshwater Fishing

Comments