Had one of my best fishing days EVER! - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Had one of my best fishing days EVER!

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 08-31-2015 at 10:06 AM (440 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
I didn't get an inshore slam. I didn't catch a giant old drum. I didn't catch a single keeper flounder. I didn't catch a citation anything. I didn't win any money.

I did catch a bunch of lizard fish, one short flounder, one croaker and yes, I caught one keeper redfish about 19.5".

So what was so special about my day? My son.

I got to spend the entire day with my 10 year old son fishing. We woke up at 3:00am, he didn't complain, he just got dressed, had some cheerios, helped me load the car and boat, and off we went. We drove for 2 hrs and 15 min to get to the water, he didn't complain, he didn't ask how much longer or are we there yet, we just chatted away the drive. We spent over 9 hours out there! He only managed to get one lizard fish into the boat, and lost all of the rest shortly after hook set, or near the boat, one of which was a decent flounder, no complaints, just more casting. He was so excited when I brought a short flounder to the boat, was thrilled to see a dolphin swimming by in the ICW, and was absolutely ecstatic when I pulled in our one keeper drum for the day. If I've ever had a better day fishing, I can't remember it, at least not after today.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150830_191010.jpg‎ 
Views:	751 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	73971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150830_143923.jpg‎ 
Views:	95 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	73972  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments