Ole Drum on the Cork - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Ole Drum on the Cork

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 09-02-2015 at 09:41 AM (561 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by ReelPrime View Post
Headed out on the neuse on sunday lookin an ole drum with my girl. Seeking some redemption from last year when I had epic failure after epic failure and managed to catch no Old Drum. We got on the water about 1:30 and were fishing by 2. We threw corks rigged with DOA airheads with procure. The wind laid down to nothing, water was slick and there was bait everywhere. Some of that good ole "nervous water", so we worked from bait ball to bait ball. I got hooked up in the first 30 min and boated a 42" drum, a good start. We worked some more, changed spots and I get hooked up on a 50" stud. A ten minute fight ensues and I get it beside the boat and beast it on the deck. Quick pic and send her packin. Feelin good now, two drum in an hour and a half span. Told my girl if I get hooked up again, shes gettin the rod. She is content with reading her book so I fish on. By this time there is soooo much bait around, im like a kid in a candy store. Fished two more hours and get hooked up on 46" male thats drummin so hard I can feel it pulsating through the braid. Another good fight ensues and I get him in the boat. He gives us the royal treatment, we take a pic and send him packin. Fished til dark with no more takers. There was almost too much bait around to compete with. As we packed up and headed back to ramp, I looked out across the sound and recalled the day in my head. Perfect conditions, nervous water everywhere and the sound of drag screamin in the background. All is well
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150830_152229.jpg‎ 
Views:	105 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	74033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150830_171242.jpg‎ 
Views:	101 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	74034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150830_172714.jpg‎ 
Views:	1252 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	74035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150830_183411.jpg‎ 
Views:	99 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	74036  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments