Slamming on the lower Neuse - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Slamming on the lower Neuse

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 09-06-2015 at 10:01 AM (926 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hobbs View Post
Hit up the lower Neuse on Friday 9/3 chasing bull reds. I knew where to go from past trips and they didn't let me down. As we pulled up the area, cut the motor and lowered the trolling motor, off to the front we see bulls busting bait. We grabbed the rods with popping corks and let the fun begin. After several fish and the bite eased off we ventured off for other opportunities.

I knew a place where we normally catch some specks this time of year on the main river. So off we go in pursuit.
We found some in short order but they were small, but it was a trout. We caught a few, had the winds and clouds pic up so we headed closer back to the ramp. Caught these on a white 17MR and my buddy caught his on a 17MR MG.

Said well all I need is a flatfish to make a slam and just happened to know where 1 might be hiding. Made a detour from the ramp an pulled to an area we have found some and went knocking on their front door. We were tossing Gulp 5 inch Swimming Mullet in Pearl White on 1/4 ounce jig heads. Ended up with a short flat fish.

With a Slam under our belt we called it a day and headed back into the sunset for a sunny/rainy ride back home.

Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments

purdy work right there scott congrats on a great time
    Well Done.......