Upper Pamlico - 10/4 - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Upper Pamlico - 10/4

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 10-06-2015 at 10:59 AM (476 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by j.edwards View Post
We decided to try our luck yesterday even with the hard winds and raised water levels. Put in just east of Washington right at 7 AM. We were greeted with some fair chop as we headed out. Spent about 2 hours on our first creek with no luck and then started heading back towards the boat ramp. Noticed the north side of the river closest to the bank wasn't as choppy so decided to hit the stump fields. Made it about halfway through the stump field and the Top Dog Jr gets slammed. My Penn Sargus 3000 went to screaming. Immediately new this was no average fish. New challenge, keep him out of the stumps. Took about 5 minutes to get him in and he gets boatside I can't believe my eyes. A 24.5" striper!!! Got him in the boat and snapped a pic and sent him on his way. I know striper season just started and I was in coastal waters but I felt I had received enough generosity being allowed to catch him. Hit the stump fields a little longer without a bite. Headed up inside the creek and my buddy catches a nice bowfin on a popping cork. Rain finally ran us off the water at 12. Back in the recliner watching football by 1:30. Considering the conditions, I'd say it was a successful day.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151004_111709.jpg‎ 
Views:	74 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	74646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151004_102009.jpg‎ 
Views:	1142 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	74647  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments