New River Report, 3/2/16 trouts and redfish - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

wademaster

New River Report, 3/2/16 trouts and redfish

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 03-04-2016 at 09:28 AM (472 Views)

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
I have spent a lot of Jan/Feb moving into a new house and finishing a remodel on it, and have been really busy with the boat show/fishing expos. Tomorrow I will be doing a seminar in New Bern at the CCA fishing school. We are settled in now, and I have days open over the next couple of weeks. The bite has been good all winter on the trout and reds despite the amount of rainfall and roller coaster weather. Something to keep in mind with all of the rain and cold temps, the trout will have a smaller bite window. Just because you are not catching like you think you should be does not necessarily mean trout are not present. We had a couple isolated kills in a couple of the creeks also, but did not appear to be too bad. The fish were trapped on the mud flats. Wednesday we did a little sightcasting in the 30 mph winds and chased some drum for several hours. We then moved on in search of some trout, and found a pretty decent mixed school of fish and caught trout from 15-22". The reds were skinny, and the trout were 1-3'. All of our fish come on Salty Bay and Deep Creek plastics. Most of the trout came on Salty Bay plastics rigged under a Cajun Thunder popping cork. If you have any questions, just fire away.

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments