Jordan, November 6th~14th - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Jordan, November 6th~14th

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 11-17-2006 at 07:18 PM (760 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
The past couple weeks on Jordan Lake have produced some incredible striper fishing. The water temperature is still hovering around the 60 degree mark which is the ideal temperature for inland striped bass. The threadfin shad are migrating out of the creeks in search of warmer water found in the main lake.

I fish mostly with fresh shad on a traditional Carolina rig with a 2 oz. egg sinker, followed by a swivel and 3 foot leader, and a 1/0 - 2/0 circle hook depending on the size of the bait. I usually begin the trip with at least 75 shad. On November 14th, we actually ran out of bait!

On November 6th, Donovan Campbell caught his first Jordan Lake Striper weighing in at 9 lbs. We boated another 7 that day which has turned out to be the least productive day in the past two weeks.

On, November 8th, I had the pleasure of fishing with Randy Durham who has provided us with this great fishing website! Randy had never caught a striper before and confided in me that red drum was his favorite species. I was determined to change his mind and after catching 31 stripers I think he has finally seen the light!

On November 14th, Joe Trimigliozzi couldn't wait to get back on Jordan Lake for some red hot striper fishing. Joe is a regular client on the Striper Sniper and we always have a great time. We boated 29 stripers including this nice 8 lber.

Overall, we have boated 92 stripers in the past 5 charters. 90% of these were released to fight another day. If you plan on coming to Jordan Lake this fall, please practice Catch and Release!
Categories
Uncategorized