Day tripping Wuz worth it - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Day tripping Wuz worth it

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 06-22-2016 at 08:27 AM (654 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
Since I live in Cary which is not super close to the saltwater, I decided to make a day trip out to Nags Head for some spanish mackeral or whatever I could catch. The temps were great, with a nice easy breeze, so it wasn't crazy hot.

I fished from 10am-4pm with a decent enough bite of blues to keep me plugging along. At the end of the day I ended up with 2 spanish, and 1 pomp, 6 taylor blues. I had to get back home and make that awesome 3hr drive. Am I the only one that likes to see a fish hit your gotcha plug?

I heard that before I made it to the car they landed a 3.5lb spanish.

The Day trip Wuz Worth it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4068.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	101337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4070.jpg 
Views:	1646 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	101345
Categories
Surf/Pier Fishing

Comments

We have had a great run of blues and Spanish on all of the piers for the last few weeks. The water has been clear and the fishing good. It looks like you were fishing Jennette's pier. There were three cobia caught from Nags Head Pier yesterday, using live eels. We have a slight NE "blow" going this morning but I expect the good fishing continues. I will check it out this afternoon after church. Come back when you can and hopefully you will get the big one. Charlie Aycock, (SmilingSam) Nags Head, NC