Not A Bad Day After All - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Not A Bad Day After All

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 09-26-2016 at 10:23 AM (683 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Yak C View Post
Yesterday was my daughter's birthday but my brother and I had a small window of 5 hours to go BtB before she woke up. After a couple turtles in 7+ feet of surf, we finally got out past the breakers and the bait was really scarce. After about 2 hours I finally hooked up with a Bluefish but the treble tore out most of his gills so I didn't bother to put him on, I just threw him in the live well for later lunch. We jigged for bait about another hour before we decided to move to another spot and decided to go target some Grey Trout. Before paddling off I decided to get the Blue out the live well to use for cut bait but to my surprise when I opened the lid of the tank, the Blue was quite lively and still swimming around. I then decided to put him on the King Rig and troll him around. After hooking him up and letting him out behind the yak about 60 yards I began to paddle out to the next spot. I didn't make it 50 yards before a 24lbs King smacked him. It was after he made 6 runs before I was able to put the gaff in him and bring him aboard. Afterwards we came over some more bait and was able to pick up a Shad which Joe put on his rig and let out. It wasn't long before a Bull Red sucked it down and after a tough fight he finally pulled it aboard. So we caught 2 nice fish and still had time to clean the King and get back to the house before my daughter knew where we had went. So all in all it was a great day, I Thank God for speaking this day into my life!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160924_085645757.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	114113 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160924_100941614.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	114121
Categories
Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing

Comments

Double thumbs up! Way to go, Yak C! Thanks for the encouraging report.
    Awesome fish story and photos!
    Nice Job Carol and Joe- This is Chris the crab guy !
    Carl that is- excuse me