Vet Scores Veterans Day Slam - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

NCangler

Vet Scores Veterans Day Slam

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 11-14-2016 at 07:55 AM (420 Views)
Quote Originally Posted by Birdman571 View Post
Took my friend Little John fishing on Veterans Day. LJ served in the Second Marine Division and I thank him for his service. First cast was at 8am on a falling tide, winds WNW 10-15, very clear water. We started with hardbaits, mixed in a few grubs, nothin. "A spot" failed for the first time this season. Headed north, hitting all known and a couple "secret" (yeah right) spots with mixed results. Ran across some friends trying their luck and we exchanged info....no tales of one hour limits.

Made a decision to take a boat ride and fish an area I hadn't been to in months. Slide in to find only a couple boats in the area and they're all spread out fairly well. Tie on a red, 3/16 oz jig with a white Zman curlytailz and add a dab of procure shrimp. As Capt Wayne Crisco advises, a little goes a long way. And it's on. First cast, flounder. Then a spike and a sea robin. Not wall hangers, but we're both catching fish at a steady rate. Little John even caught his first soft plastic redfish to complete an Inshore Slam. At the end of the day we scratched out a limit of trout to 20" with two dozen Specs, a bunch of short flounder for 3 keepers and the puppy. Great fun and a great day for a Vet to get his first inshore slam!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1322.jpg‎ 
Views:	2443 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	119713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1320.jpg‎ 
Views:	56 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	119721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1321.jpg‎ 
Views:	57 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	119729  
Categories
Inshore Fishing

Comments