Swanquarters Report (First Fish Ever) - Post Awards - NCangler.com
View RSS Feed

wademaster

Swanquarters Report (First Fish Ever)

Rate this Entry
Awarded by , 05-22-2017 at 02:56 PM (520 Views)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman66 View Post
Headed to Swanquerter today with my wife, my youngest son and his wife (who is from Japan and has only lived in the US since Dec.) Needless to say she had never fished a day in her life, heck she had never even touched a fishing pole until yesterday when my son and I gave her a few casting instructions in the back yard.
We launched around 6am with a NNE wind around 5mph and heavy clouds in the sky (the weather channel finally got one right, No Rain). We arrived at a spot where we crushed them last week but found only a couple of spikes willing to play, but my daughter-in-law did land her first trout a 12" spike and she couldn't have been more excited. We made a short move only to find more spikes on the points. Another move to a little deeper drop and BAM! Her rod doubled and she landed a beautiful 19" speck and got it started. We started catching trout in good numbers with several keepers mixed in. We all caught fish but this was her day and and we all shared in her excitement. We called it a day around 12:30 as they had a long drive home. We finished with 30+ trout, 12 keepers, 4 flounder(1 keeper). But the story of the day was my daughter-in-law's first fishing trip that we all will never forget as she caught her on limit and get this 1 20incher, 2 19inchers, 1 17incher, not to mention the 20+ incher that broke her line as we were attempting to net it.
Every day we get to fish is special, but some days just really outshine all others. Today was one of those days. Just to share in her excitement with my wife and son couldn't have been more special.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg‎ 
Views:	125 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	144425  
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments